How Mepiform works
Self-adherent dressing with Safetac technology for scar care Topical silicone has empirically been shown to have positive impact on hypertrophic scars and keloids. It may take from 3 months up to 1 year to improve an old scar, depending on the condition of the scar tissue. Mepiform should be worn 24 hours a day. It is recommended that Mepiform be removed once daily, e.g. when showering or bathing, for inspection and washing of the skin. For prophylactic treatment, Mepiform shall be used for 2-6 months depending on the condition of the scar. Benefits of Mepiform
- Minimizes pain and trauma at dressing changes
- No extra fixation is needed
- Mepiform is thin, flexible and discreet
- Can be worn in daily activities
- Can be reapplied
- One Mepiform dressing can be used for several day
Areas of use
Mepiform is designed for the management of old and new hypertrophic scars, keloids and closed wounds.
- Hypertrophic scars
- Recently closed wounds to help minimize scar formation
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- Ensure wound is fully healed and sutures have been removed.
- Mepiform® should be worn 24 hours a day. Remove the dressing daily to inspect and cleanse the area and then reapply. Under normal conditions, the same Mepiform® dressing can be used for 7-14 days or longer.
- Choose a dressing size that will allow the dressing to overlap the scar treatment area by at least 1 cm. Mepiform® can be cut to size if required.
- For optimum results, Mepiform® should be used for 2-4 months or longer depending on the condition and age of the scar tissue.
- Treatment periods will vary. Improvement can usually be seen after 4 weeks of treatment. To ensure maximum effectiveness, Mepiform® should be applied when the scar is newly formed.