SKIN-PREP is a liquid film-forming dressing that, upon application to intact skin, forms a protective film to help reduce friction during removal of tapes and films. SKIN-PREP can also be used to prepare skin attachment sites for drainage tubes, external catheters, surrounding ostomy sites and adhesive dressings.
Features and Benefits:
- Helps tape and film adhesion.
- Fast and easy to use, only one coat is required, so less product is used per application.
- Removes easily using skin cleanser or soap and water, so unsanitary residue isn't left in or around the wound area.
- Applies easily, even on awkward areas such as elbows, knees, and heels. Moves naturally with patients' skin and won't crack or peel.
- Allows skin to "breathe" so tapes and films adhere better.
- May increase intervals between dressing changes.
- Pediatrician tested
- Apply as a coating to prepare the skin for adhesives.
- Provides a protective interface that may reduce friction during the removal of tape.
- For skin attachment sites: drainage tubes, external catheters, surrounding ostomy sites and other adhesive dressings.
- For use in sensitive stoma areas as a skin protectant.
- May reduce irritation from contact with body wastes and stoma fluid.
- Forms a protective film on skin which may reduce exposure to urine and feces.
- SKIN-PREP should only be used on intact skin.
For external use only. Keep out of the reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes. In the case of accidental contact, flush eyes well with water. Do not apply directly to open wounds or in deep puncture wounds. Should redness or other signs of irritation appear, discontinue use.