NO-STING SKIN-PREP is a versatile, alcohol-free, liquid film forming skin protectant which can be used on intact or damaged skin to help prevent irritation caused by:
- Moisture associated dermatitis from wound exudate or ostomy effluent
- Incontinence associated dermatitis
- Caustic drainage from tracheostomy tubes, nutrition feeding tubes, (g-tubes, j-tubes)
- Friction in high risk areas:
Between skin folds
Under oxygen masks, cannula and tubing
- Adhesive trauma:
At central or peripheral infusion sites
From ET tubes
From condom catheters
From Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
Around surgical incisions
From tape stripping
Features & Benefits
- Protects skin from incontinence, skin trauma from tape stripping, friction, reduces potential for stinging
- Latex, preservative, alcohol, fragrance-free formula
- Hypoallergenic, sterile formula
- Fast drying, extends dressing wear time
- Transparent coverage provides visual skin inspection
- CHG compatible/Pediatric tested for use on full term infants 0-36 months with normal skin
- Flexible - conforms to awkward areas like elbows and heels
- Waterproof, breathable see through barrier
- Lasts up to 96 hours (4 days)*
- Removable with UNI-SOLVE◊ or REMOVE◊ adhesive remover
- Available in wipes, swabs and spray
- Effective barrier protection
*not to exceed dressing wear time
- NO-STING SKIN-PREP forms a film upon application to intact or damaged skin. This film provides a long lasting, waterproof barrier which acts as a protective interface between the skin and bodily wastes, fluids, adhesive dressings, drainage tubes, external catheters and around ostomy sites.
- NO-STING SKIN-PREP may help reduce friction during the removal of tape. It can also be used on heels, elbows and other areas at risk of irritation due to friction.
- NO-STING SKIN-PREP forms a protective film on skin that serves as a skin protection which may reduce exposure to urine and feces.
- The product may be used on adults, children and full term infants from one month.
Other uses for NO-STING SKIN-PREP:
○ Protects periwound skin
○ Extends dressing wear time
○ Assits with adherence of transparent films
○ Used in Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
○ Around sterile insertion sites (central and peripheral)
- Should any signs of irritation (reddening, inflammation), or sensitivity (allergic reactions) appear, discontinue use and consult a healthcare professional.
- Do not use on patients with a known allergy to any of the ingredients.
- This product is not recommended for use on sensitive areas, such as around the face and eyes unless under the guidance of a healthcare professional. In case of accidental contact, flush eyes well with water.
- Do not apply directly to open wound or in deep puncture wounds.
- Do not apply to infected areas of the skin.
- Contents of the spray bottle are sterile until first use.