DERMAPAD is a polymer gel pad that helps redistribute pressure to protect critical areas. It is typically used on bony areas (heel, sacrum) or under devices (tubing, face masks) to help prevent skin damage from pressure.
How DERMAPAD works
High pressure points can disrupt the flow of blood and the supply of oxygen which can cause damage to the skin.
DERMAPAD works by helping redistribute pressure over a larger area to reduce the peak pressure at any point. Instead, the force is spread over a larger area, reducing the average pressure on skin.
DERMAPAD contibuted to a 75% reduction of pressure ulcers1
DERMAPAD polymer gel pads are an excellent addition to any care plan for at-risk patients and they can be washed and re-used on the same patient. More and more hospitals and primary care trusts are using DERMAPAD to reach their targets of reducing the number of pressure injuries in their area.
Helps protect against potential skin breakdown for patients at risk of pressure damage.
- DERMAPAD can be kept in place with tubular bandage, stockinette, silicone tape, patients own body weight, or whatever is causing the pressure. (E.g. face mask).
- DERMAPAD may be removed regularly to inspect the skin (at least once/day) - keep the blister pack for easy storage.
- Avoid build- up of moisture by cleaning regularly.
- The pads can be washed and re-used on the same patient until it breaks down- typically a number of weeks.
- Treat gently to increase life span and replace when needed.
- Do not use on broken skin
- Do not obstruct nose or mouth airways
- If a skin reaction occurs, discontinue use
DERMAPAD is available in a wide range of shapes and sizes.