The Short walking boot offers a solution to a number of indications related to the forefoot, mid-foot and hind foot injuries, as well as some ankle injuries.
The main indications for the Short are:
- Metatarsal fracture
- Stress and stable fracture of the foot
- Bunionectomy, hallux valgus
- Soft tissue injury
- Severe ankle sprain
The Short has a durable, semi-rigid shell that helps support the limb while providing protection. The pre-inflated front panel and two adjustable distal aircells, housed within the shell, provide compression and support. SoftStrike technology absorbs and dissipates shock, while the light weight and lab-tested rocker sole combine to encourage a natural gait and a continuation of everyday activities.
Features and Benefits:
- Customisable, independent aircells (NO separate hand bulb)- Integrated inflation system puts the patient in control for an individualised fit
- Non-marking, skid resistant rubber tread- For greater traction and longer wear
- Removal of heel pain- SoftStrike technology absorbs and dissipates the energy during heel strike
- Low profile rocker sole- The lab-designed rocker sole, enables a normal walking gait with less forefoot angulations' and reduces hyperextension of the knee- Toe-off section continues the rocking motion, enhancing mobility- Mid-stance section is designed to minimise hip differential
- Custom and comfortable fit- Trimmable and heat moldable semi-rigid shell makes it easy to custom-fit the brace to the patient- Sleek, open-frame design provides ventilation and maximum patient protection and compliance- Shell contours around the malleoli, eliminating pressure for sustained comfort>> AirSelect boots have improved width around the ankle area as well as uniformed sizing throughout the various sizes of the boot (XS-XL)
- Ease of application- Three-strap system evenly disperses pressure, eliminates pooling of edema- Integrated inflation system is intuitive and permits quick and easy customization of each aircell